I don’t have a big list, but here are a few:
Tonight while reading a short illustrated version of Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, Maura asked me about the phrase, “he threw his sword straight as an arrow.” She asked, “Where is his lawn mower?” Either I need to speak more clearly or clean her ears.
- prize-a-pee = privacy
- pazzi = pizza (this is an old one that he doesn’t use any more, sadly)
- what you said? = what did you say?
- butter n’ jelly = peanut butter and jelly
- pih mai uh = pick me up (this is an old one)
- cully = color
- cullies = crayons
- Stop = keep doing what you’re doing because clearly you are ignoring me and I can’t think of a consequence quickly enough to make you stop